Friday, 2 December 2011

All I want for Christmas...

When it comes to giving a gift, it can be wonderful to watch the recipient tear the wrapping paper open and be full of surprised delight. Unfortunately, this can be a very hit-or-miss game to play, particularly if you are a heterosexual male buying a present for a heterosexual female. Or if you are trying to buy a gift for the dreaded Person Who Has Everything.  Personally, I really enjoy jotting down lists of things I want and need, varying in price, making it easier for stumped loved ones and ensuring that I unwrap things I can really use (also, I really like making lists). Everybody wins! In this post, however, I have listed a fair few dream items that fit more snugly into the category of Wants rather than Needs... But I'm betting that I'm not the only female lusting after some of these goodies!


Marie Turnor The Picnic clutch bag in Tan

Lunch date, anyone?

I've always been a sucker for "stuff that looks like other stuff" and this clutch, inspired by the paper lunch bags tucked beneath the arms of Parisian women, truly takes the cake. Best of all, it retails for a mere $175 (USD).


Parisian Chic by Ines de la Fressange


Every word uttered by and written about Ines de la Fressange further endears me to her. Both innately stylish and self-depracatingly sweet, she is one of those women you can't help but admire and clamour to know more about. 


Chloe Embellished Suede T-bar Ballerina Flats


I was devastated when I missed out on the original style in 2009 (check them out here), but this prim, delicate incarnation is even more divine. 


CC Skye Double Wrap Bracelet


Chunky, glossy, classic and tough, it's the greatest bracelet that Chanel never invented.


Toshiba Canvio Basics 1 TB Portable External Hard Drive


I am ashamed to admit that over the years, I have been through two desktop computers and seven laptops. As such, I have lost countless files and photos to crashed systems riddled with viruses and I never seem to have enough room on my external hard drives to prevent this from happening. This one is shiny and pretty. I would like several.


Jordan Askill gold heart ring


I adore this delicate gold ring, which would make the perfect gift from a male significant other (hinting? Me? Never.). For any fellas wanting to impress that special lady (I'm honestly not hinting this time!), they are rather tricky to track down, but should still be available from Sydney boutiques Land's End or The Corner Shop.


Our Choice by Al Gore


I feel that environmental sustainability is something we all should be educating ourselves about - I rather enjoy living on this planet and would like to see it stick around for a good while longer. Furthermore, Al Gore is the cat's pajamas.


Givenchy A/W11 collection panther glasses

Cray cray? I suppose. Un-freaking-believable? Oh yeah.

I love these so much. I don't actually need glasses, but pop some tinted lenses in there and I will be one happy panther! I mean, camper. 


My Wonderful World of Fashion by Nina Chakrabarti

Fun for the whole family!

An interactive colouring book for all ages, this is filled with chic black line drawings and D.I.Y. fashion-related activities. I look forward to passing the time with this book on my next long-haul flight, while surrounding passengers jealously admire my colouring-in prowess.


Yves Saint Laurent gold-plated Arty Ring with Gold-flecked Amber Stone


I have lusted after the YSL Arty Ring for a while now, but have been waiting for more stone colours to become available; doesn't it sometimes seem that every second girl you meet is wearing one in cobalt or turquoise? Tiger's eye is one of my favourite gemstones, so this mesmerising Amber Stone is right up my alley.


Some form of fancy camera

Sony Alpha NEX-5

I definitely need an DSLR camera, particularly for blogging purposes - I actually take quite a lot of photos with the intention of slapping them up here, but the quality rarely makes the cut. I'm after one of the new generation compact DSLR cameras, so I can still stash it in a clutch bag without sacrificing awesomeness. I'm not very well-versed in camera makes and models, but have heard great things about the Sony Alpha NEX-5, the Panasonic Lumix DMC GF3, the Canon PowerShot G12 and the Samsung NX100, so any of these would be a joy to find under the Christmas tree next month!


Marc by Marc Jacobs Mouse Flats


These super cute flats come in so many fabulous colourways that I could not decide which was my favourite (see what Google Images has to offer) until I stumbled upon this pair, punched with provocative gold studs. They exemplify the perfect marriage of cute and badass.


Michael Kors Gold IP Stainless Steel Chronograph Watch


Gold, clunky and successfully straddling the line between masculine and feminine. For best results, pair with a crisp white shirt. Sublime.


Charity
Finally and most importantly, the greatest gift that anyone can give is a helping hand, by donating to some of the fantastic charities out there. Visit http://www.charity-gifts.com.au/ to browse for gifts that make a difference.

April xx

No comments:

Post a Comment