Friday, 20 January 2012

Hermes on the Beach 2012

My top two ultimate super favourite design houses are Chanel and Hermѐs. Both brands epitomise long-lasting elegance and the coveted "classic with a modern twist" style without fail, season after season. Therefore, I was rather excited to receive my invitation to the annual Hermes on the Beach party a couple of weeks ago. I have been invited to a number of Hermѐs events over the years and, for one highly irritating reason or another (work or... work) was never able to attend. UNTIL NOW. (Spoken in deep movie voiceover voice). 
Wednesday afternoon rolled around with wonderfully agreeable warm weather, as Tim, my friend Gracie and I trotted down to Nielson Park in Sydney's Vaucluse. We checked our shoes in with the dedicated Shoecierge and enjoyed hours of fun sans high heel-induced foot pain. Hurrah! 
Details, you ask? Well, there was a giant teepee, mini alcoholic slushies, gozleme, a zany mirrored entrance, pork crackling, a sandcastle with an Hermѐs scarf for a flag, no still water to drink (only icky bubbly water), hectic dance beats and an enormous swing set.

Some of the lovely Hermes enamel bangles I was allowed to choose from to wear for the night. Of course, I could not decide and instead picked out a mottled orange leather and silver Collier De Chien bracelet. What a diva.


Dress: Manning Cartell
Ring: Diva
Cuff: Hermes
Sunglasses: AM Eyewear









April xx

1 comment: