Monday, 16 April 2012

Manning Cartell presents 'Pearls and Men'

A couple of weeks ago, I was invited to view the new Manning Cartell collection at their press showings in Sydney. The saucily-named Spring 2012 range, 'Pearls and Men', is my favourite Manning Cartell collection to date, blending sporty elements with street wear and delectable vintage glamour. Silhouettes are slightly simpler (try saying that five times fast) than those of their previous collections, making the beautiful prints and textures the focal point. Metallic leather, silk, lace, jacquard and (my personal favourite) foiled canvas, are mouth-watering in sorbet shades of lemon, peach, mint, and the girliest of pinks, with silver, black and a giant bamboo print thrown in to break it all up. 




So back to the showings... I perused the truly beautiful collection, tried on a few pieces and began snapping photos when I was told - GASP - that I could not share any details with my beloved readers for at least one month. Any girl knows that if you tell her not to pass on a secret, she will immediately tell everyone within earshot. It is simply too tempting! But, just this once, I sealed my lips and now I am finally allowed to reveal all! Believe me, it was worth the wait. 

































April xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! There are SO many gorgeous colours and textures in this collection! Always been a fan of Manning Cartell, I have the most awesome M.C. high waisted shorts :)

    x Stace
    tee+fame

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much love for Manning Cartell and this collection is amazing! Need that apricot draped & knotted dress in my life! x

    ReplyDelete