Friday, 4 May 2012

MBFWA: Day Four

On day four of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia, I attended two shows that I had been highly anticipating. The first was for We Are Handsome, purveyors of statement screen-printed swimsuits and, more recently, dresses and leggings. The collection included many of the usual bold one-piece swimsuits and cute bikinis, as well as fresh midi-length dresses, pencil skirts and, most delightfully of all, a jumpsuit (be mine!) and flowing full-length skirts in transparent silk. The sighs of longing amongst the crowd were audible.
I don't know what in the world was wrong with the camera/my operation of it (hint: the latter is the more likely cause), but my pictures for the We Are Handsome show are simply awful. Facepalm. 


With my hot date, Amanda of The Talented Mr Nobody


One of the beautiful silk skirts in a city skyline print



Striking jellyfish print

JUMPSUIT! Enough said. 


Skyline-print midi dress



Beautiful silk maxi skirt in "The Jewels" print


We then hopped aboard one of the luxurious Mercedes-Benz vans and dashed to the Martin Place Paspaley store for the Aje. show. We found the store transformed into an upscale pirate's cave, strewn with rock salt (I don't envy the person in charge of clean-up), ye olde silverware and skull-shaped glass bottles that I simply would not shut up about. They were amazing! See below.




The collection, as expected, featured sequins very heavily, which I loved because I am a bowerbird. There were many standout pieces, including the green mullet dress, the white sequinned top/skirt combo and the white leather jacket lightly embossed with camel-coloured crocodile print. I also loved the ingenious leather peplum obi-belts (that will make sense once you see them...) in bright white and inky black. 









Chic peplum obi-belt

My new favourite jacket















Dress: We Are Handsome  |  Blazer: Manning Cartell  |  Shoes: Betts  |  Handbag: Cartier  | Sunglasses: Oliver Peoples  |  Ring: Colette  |  Watch: Tag Heuer


April xx

No comments:

Post a Comment