Wednesday, 2 May 2012

MBFWA: Day Three

I didn't realise until I was nestled in my seat, but today's Oroton show was to be a very special one; the Australian luxury brand was debuting their first collection of ready-to-wear clothing. 
Chic silk basics in black, white, orange, navy and a retro-inspired print were paired with modern bags and shoes that nodded to the brand's recent image overhaul (Tommy Ton and Taylor Tomasi-Hill to helmed their last campaign). I wasn't a huge fan of the glomesh-trimmed shirt collars, but I sooo needs me the snakeprint heels, flat tan sandals and pretty much every piece in the geometric print. 















I have grown bitter and disillusioned regarding Sydney weather and did not think that it would ever be warm here again, so I was rather surprised to reach Circular Quay and find it boiling hot. I wore a suit and sweated my butt off. Silly April.






Suit: Alice and Olivia, available from Shopbop (trousers here and blazer here)  |  T-shirt: Hurley  | Shoes: Siren  |  Handbag: Cartier  |  Sunglasses: Gucci  |  Ring: Colette  |  Wrist cuff: Hermes  | Hairpiece: handmade by my amazing mum about 10 years ago

April xx

1 comment:

  1. I remember noticing your lovely suit on the day and note you did not look flustered or too hot at all! Very nice, lovely!
    x


    -Emm
    SPIN DIZZY FALL

    ReplyDelete