Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Tunesday

When I was 13 years old, a certain strain of rap and R&B music became inescapably popular. Artists like 50 Cent, Nelly and Ja Rule were huge with my age group, but I rebelled against them as I was in the midst of a non-conformist phase, which saw me listen to the music of System of a Down and Linkin Park (still do) and adorn my fingers with stacks of cheap silver rings (no longer do... Luckily). However, when I was about 15, a boy I had a crush on (lol, you guize!) introduced me to a couple of tracks that drastically changed my musical outlook. They were 'Signs' by Snoop Dogg (featuring Charlie Wilson and Justin Timberlake), 'Down Wit Da South' by Trick Daddy (featuring Trina and Ying Yang Twins) and the original remix of 'Lean Back' by Fat Joe (featuring Eminem, Mase and Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz). I fell for their bass-driven beats, oft hilarious lyrics and endless remixes; if you love a song, chances are you'll be able to find a multitude of incarnations to enjoy! One of my personal favourites is the Notorious B.I.G. remix of 'Lean Back', because an awesome track can always be made better with the addition of some Biggie. 
You can listen to that remix - along with the three other songs I mentioned - below. Oh, and if you ever want me to rap these or any other sweet tracks for you, just ask. Or simply play them. I'll probably do it anyway.









April xx

No comments:

Post a Comment