Wednesday, 18 March 2015

Cinderella premiere

Photo call for the Harper's Bazaar pre-party

One of Megan Hess' fantastic illustrations

Blue carpet for the Cinderella premiere


DRESS: Bec & Bridge  |  HEELS: The Mode Collective  |  HANDBAG: Mulberry  |  BRACELET: vintage (my paternal grandmother's)  |  EARRINGS: Mimco

Even a rainy Sunday night couldn't dampen my excitement for the Australian premiere of Cinderella! First up was a pre-drinks reception hosted by Harper's Bazaar, featuring illustrations of the film's costumes by Megan Hess, an interview with the well-known illustrator herself, and a speech by the managing director of Disney. 
Next was the actual premiere, at which I was gifted a sparkling tiara (similar to the one I received when I was made the Australian equivalent of my high school's Prom Queen #notsohumblebrag), which I of course refused to take off. 
The film was absolutely beautiful and proved that Hollywood is finally closing the book on the whole "dark and gritty remake" thing, choosing to remain more faithful to the original classics that we all know and love. And yes, the two year wait for the release of Beauty and the Beast is already killing me!

April xx

2 comments:

  1. Hey babe, how are you?
    Lovely post though, following you..
    I've only just started blogging.
    Visit me whenever you have time;

    www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    Anyway have a good day!
    Kisses xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this outfit - you look gorg!

    Thanks very much for commenting on my blog too :)
    Sam xx

    http://www.beautifie.com

    ReplyDelete